For females experiencing sexual and pelvic pain
Safe and secure group therapy options for women struggling with the heavy burden of pelvic pain.
- Have you been diagnosed with vulvodynia, vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS), dyspareunia, vaginismus, or vestibulodynia?
- Do you have pain during intercourse, or other vaginal penetration?
- Do you experience vaginal or pelvic pain even without penetration?
- Do you lack sexual desire as a result of the pain or other issues?
- Have you never been able to have intercourse or insert a tampon?
- Has your relationship been under strain as a result of your pain?
- Do you worry that you might not be able to enjoy intercourse again, or ever?
- Does your pain affect your self-esteem?
- Have you heard that your vaginal pain is all in your head?
- Do you want to enjoy intercourse more fully? Or at all?
- Do you feel alone in your struggle?
- Do you want to find answers and resources for your pain?
- Would you like to know that you have a community to rely on throughout your struggles?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions,
you might benefit from one of the groups that I offer:
– Female Pelvic Pain Treatment Group
– Female Pelvic Pain Support and Process Group
My mission in creating these groups is to provide women resources and a community in which they can rely on one another for support, as well as gain valuable information from professionals as well as from one another. The two groups provide different treatment options depending on where a woman is at on her path to a happier, healthier, and more full (sex) life. Some women are at the beginning of their treatment and feel like they are in a whirlwind of the unknown, and they need fundamental information, direction, and resources. Other women have been going through medical treatment for some time and have a lot of the fundamental information in their arsenal but need more support around navigating the emotional struggles of having to deal with pelvic pain. Women interested in these groups don’t have to choose just one, nor do they have to complete them in a specific order. I have designed these groups to fit each woman’s need. If you have questions about which is the right fit for you, please call me at 424-272-5521.
Female Pelvic Pain Support and Process Group:
$60/week on Wednesdays from 6:30pm – 8:30pm
This is a group facilitated by myself and predominately developed by and created for the participants themselves to exchange resources, gain empowerment, share their struggles, give/receive support from other women, and learn new ways of having healthy intimacy with themselves and others. Ultimately it is a place to find safety, connection, and comfort with other women struggling with pelvic pain.
Topics discussed might include: low sexual desire, sexual empowerment, difficulties in relationships, lack of self-esteem, finding your voice, reconnecting with your partner(s), releasing shame or guilt, enhancing spirituality, finding connection with others, impact of sexual issues on the rest of life, having children, learning to love yourself, developing intimacy, and any others that the participants think would be beneficial to discuss.
Process and support groups can be very powerful and healing. If you’ve never heard of support/process group therapy and the benefits of it, I would encourage you to check out this article that outlines some major advantages of support/process group therapy: 5 benefits of group therapy
Wednesdays 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Call 424-272-5521 to learn more and to become a member of the group.
$60/week to become a member of the group. Being a member of the group means that you are willing to commit to attend groups consistently (or almost consistently) for at least 6 months in order to develop a container of safety and intimacy with the other women.
The group is limited to 7 women, call 424-272-5521 to become a member and heal alongside with other women.
Female Pelvic Pain Treatment Group:
$650 for 10 sessions, 2 hours/session on either Mondays or Saturdays
This group is mostly directive and has a curricula it follows. It is instructed and facilitated by myself with sharing from group participants. Over the course of 10 sessions, you will learn…
- More about your diagnosis(ses)
- Pain management
- To alter current thinking patterns that play an important role in sexual pain
- Skills to communicate more effectively with your partner(s)
- To be comfortable with your body
- How to enhance your sexuality, desire, and arousal
- Relaxation exercises and mediation
- Develop empowerment
- To have fun with sexuality
- That your partner(s) can be an active participant in your recovery
- Coping skills and stress reduction
- That you are not alone
This group provides education, skills, resource information, case management, and support. It is mostly informational in nature, but there is also room to share your story and have experiential healing processes.
Mondays 6pm – 8pm OR Saturdays 10am – 12pm, depending on the needs of the participants.
Call 424-272-5521 to learn more and to secure a spot in the group.
$650 for 10 sessions ($65 per 2-hour session)
Payment plan options are available. A deposit is required to hold a spot.
Take back your sexuality. Live the life you want…