Kayna Cassard, MA, LMFT, Sex Therapist
As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in a private practice in Venice, CA, I have training, education, and experience working with a range of psychological issues including depression, anxiety, substance abuse, compulsive behaviors, and addiction. My areas of specialty include sexual difficulties, sexually compulsive behaviors, and gender or sexual identity issues. To this end, I am currently in the process of becoming a Certified Sex Therapist.
I have been a primary therapist at a substance abuse treatment center where I provided individual and group therapy addressing healthy sexuality and intimacy for those in addiction recovery. Additionally, I worked at an agency that provides in-home services for adolescents and their families who are struggling with the adolescents’ compulsive behaviors or substance abuse issues. I also facilitated weekly group therapy sessions around human sexuality issues in regards to sobriety, recovery and addiction with adolescents who were in recovery from substance abuse.
I believe that every person has an innate desire and ability to reach their potential. Through the use of psychotherapy, I educate and collaborate with clients to enhance their strength, peace, and happiness. Ultimately, I believe that balance is an excellent tool to navigate one’s path to a more fulfilled and healthier life.
– Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Pepperdine University
– Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara
POST GRADUATE & CLINICAL TRAINING
– Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM) Certified – Level 1 & 2, CRM trained
– Positive Directions at Verdugo Mental Health
– Center for Healthy Sex
– Marriage and Family Research Institute
– Sex Addiction Treatment Training, Center for Healthy Sex
– Visions Adolescent Treatment Center
– Southern California Counseling Center
– Center for Discovery
– Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
– American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Santa Monica/West LA (AAMFT)
– California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
– Los Angeles Sexologists Association (LASA)